What are the benefits of belonging to a CSA?
- You are directly connected to your food source and can ensure its quality and safety
- You receive a modest discount on many items
- With our CSA you can choose exactly the items you want.
- Your money stays in the community and supports a local business, open space land, environmentally sound practices, and healthier food.
Who is the best person to join a CSA?
Families, groups, friends, individuals, who:
- Utilize a weekly amount of produce for fresh consumption and processing.
- Are committed to working directly with a farm. This is not like getting your produce at the grocery. Farms are subject to an incredible number of variables
- Recognize they are part or the growing cycle, not just a recipient of food, and this brings some responsibility/tolerance from the member.
Can I join with others/is there a half share?
- Deep Meadow Farm only offers a small share and a large share.
- You can join with one other member, but we only recognize the primary share holder
- We can add one additional email address to the primary account
- All issues related to the account are the responsibility of the primary account holder
How do I sign up?
- We use a program through a company called Farmigo for all ordering and sign up options.
- Once you log in, you will create an account and choose a payment plan.
- Once you choose the options you want, we accept checks as payment.
- You will choose a primary location during the enrollment process, but can change at any time.
Do I have to create a new account each year?
- No, your account information is stored and you can look at the history of your ordering from year to year
- You choose a payment plan and location each season but retain your account information.
What if I change my mind after I’ve signed up?
- Once your check is mailed there is no refund
- The farm uses the CSA dollars to cover early expenses and is a primary purpose for having a CSA
How do I get my order?
- Each Sunday the farm sends an email notifying you an order has been created, After you can the log into your account and place your order.
- When you enrolled you selected a location. Each week a truck will meet you at that location or you will pick up at the farm, at the designated time
- YOU MUST order before the cutoff time:
- Tuesday pickups: Monday at midnight
- Wednesday/Thursday pickups: Tuesday at midnight
What if I miss the cut-off time for ordering?
- You will need to wait until the following week
- The cutoffs are usually 24-48 hours before delivery.
How much do I have to order?
- There is no minimum on orders
- We recommend an $18-25 a week order, depending on your share size.
- !! IMPORTANT!! There is a $19 and $32 maximum on weekly orders.
- !! IMPORTANT!! For a small share you must order every week at the $18 value to spend your account down. For the large share $25
- For the large share, If your account balance is greater than $400 with 15 weeks in the season left you will lose money, unless you visit the farm stand
Can I order as much as I want of an item?
- The system has built in limits on some items, depending on availability.
- The only limit are the weekly maximums.
Can I miss a week?
- How you manage your account is up to you. It is easier to miss weeks with the larger share, as the smaller one has less of a bonus built into it.
- The system has a feature to enter weeks you will be away. Please enter weeks you know you will miss into your account
- Each week you have a specific amount of credits to spend. They do not carry forward. We have built in a bonus amount that can either be spent or used to not order.
Can I use my CSA Dollars at the farm stand?
- All CSA members will receive a 10% discount at our Farm Stand
Are Eggs included with CSA?
YES, as available
Can I change my pickup location?
- Yes, in your account settings you can change your location
- You need to change your location before placing your order
- !! IMPORTANT!! If you change your location MAKE SURE to reset the location for the following week.
How does Pick-Up work?
- We have a set time the truck arrives. Or, you come to the back of the barn on Thursdays
- The truck stays at the location until the last person there has received their items.
- With a few exceptions the truck leaves as soon as boxes are dropped.
What happens if I miss pickup?
- You may miss once during the season
- Your order will return to the farm as soon as the truck does
- We will store you order until the following Sunday evening in cold storage, at which time it will be donated to the food bank.
- You can retrieve your order at the farm either Fridays before 2 pm or Sundays at noon.
- !! IMPORTANT!! You need to let us know you are coming, usually by email.
- This courtesy will not be allowed to become a regular occurrence.
- There are no credits for missed pickups, and your account has already been charged.
- We cannot insure the quality of the items order, but will do our best.
What happens if I am dissatisfied with the quality of my order?
- In most situations we will almost always just add a credit to your account.
- Sometimes we may request more information as it will help us to improve our service
- Each item is hand selected and size and quality can be effected by conditions beyond our control.
- !! IMPORTANT!! All requests for credit need to be emailed and submitted prior to the Sunday within the week of delivery.
What happens if I am missing an item?
- If we forget an item, deem the crop to be unsatisfactory, or there wasn’t enough at picking time…. You will receive a credit.
- If you don’t double check your order at pickup and leave an item… There will be no credit.
~ALL IMPORTANT CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE THROUGH EMAIL~ email@example.com