2021 JOB OPPORTUNITIES
This position is integral to the operation of our farm. This is a year round position. A key position that requires fast learning and self-motivation. Ideal candidate will have previous experience working on an organic vegetable farm and is ready for more responsibility, ability to be a decision-maker, and to participate in farm direction. Primary tasks of this position include: management of 6 greenhouses, seeding, harvesting (winter and summer), watering, integration with field crew, greenhouse maintenance and supply inventory. Rate of pay will be commensurate with experience. Please complete online application or send an email to email@example.com.
This position reports to the Farmstand Manager and shares many of the following tasks. Responsibilities include; complete operation of stand, staffing 6 days a week, inventory management, attractive display, public education, advertising (daily postings, signage, weekly newsletter), and other farm activities.
Candidate will have good communication skills, ability to lift produce boxes (#40), sales experience, knowledge of social media, experience/knowledge of produce and vegetables. Position begins late June until mid October. Compensation is based on an hourly rate.
FIELD WORKER (FT/PT)
This is a full or part season position May until November. Ability to lift #50 required. Position requires capacity to deal with inclement weather and long periods of sustained physical labor.
- Plants, maintains and harvests a variety of vegetable crops in the field and greenhouse
- Communicates with staff on daily basis for labor needs (planting, weed control and harvest)
- Maintains a safe working environment for self around equipment, tools and weather.
- Manages harvest schedule and logs as appropriate
- Completes daily harvest of required needs and transports to wash house in timely manner to be cleaned and prepared for sale
- Cleans and cares for all tools and supplies related to position on a daily basis
- Works as needed to complete tasks around farm
- Manages required supplies relevant to job (seed, plastic, tools etc)
- Provides support in Pack-House as required.
- Has working familiarity of different types of crops
- Performs any other task related to the operation of the farm.